Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas ! // How I came to be cursed

Okay I lied.  I never got to the holiday post I promised.  I got home late that night and spent the rest of it researching how to transfer over random, uncooperative bits of data to my new iPhone.

Funny story about that.

A few months ago at school, my phone fell out of my jacket pocket into a toilet, while I was bending over to pick up my books off the floor.  Somehow it survived (I credit the 10 hours it spent in a bag of rice immediately after the incident for that), but as more time passed, it became glitchier and glitchier.  I'm not trying to be the spoiled kid who has to have perfectly working, top-of-the-line devices, but it was starting to get on my nerves.  Sometimes it wouldn't ring when someone called me.  More than once it shut down with  16% battery still remaining.  Things like that.  It doesn't have to be perfect, but I want it to work.

Since I have insurance on my phone, I told my dad that all I wanted for Christmas was a replacement.  On Christmas morning, after I pulled up at his house and started to get out of the car, my phone fell into the gutter.  Which happened to be full of rushing water.  Luckily it landed upright, so the damage wasn't too bad.  I torched my sound though: no music, no ringtone, and silence on the line during a call.

Excellent timing on my part:  not 15 minutes after my phone fell in the gutter did I open my new one.

I am now the family joke.  Literally.  This was the fifth time my cell phone had fallen into water (twice for the iPhone, once each for the other three).  I swear to god, I am cursed.  I don't know what I did, or how having my phone fall into a body of water FIVE TIMES isn't pennance enough for whatever I did, but I'm cursed.  Karma, if you're listening, I'm sorry for whatever I did wrong.

Disclaimer:  you can laugh at my misfortune.

And that is the story of how it all came to be.  xx

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure they make waterproof iphone cases. I saw some when I went with my sister when she needed to get her phone replaced. That might be something worth looking into?

    Though I hope that you stop being cursed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this feeling alllll too well. Not once, but TWICE during my college career did I call my father to tell him that I stepped on my laptop screen. How does that happen you ask? I'm not really sure, but I have a feeling it's about the same way that I knocked over a carafe of water at the French restaurant I was at two days ago and it crashed into a hundred pieces all over the floor. After that second conversation with my father he said to me, "you know, Chrystina, I don't think this is ever going to be something you're going to grow out of - you might want to start keeping a fund around for this kind of thing". And you know what, he's probably right.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! I appreciate it more than you know. xx