Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Taylor Swift would be proud


You know that tradition where, if a boy and a girl meet, and they like each other, the boy is supposed to ask out the girl?  I thought it was a pretty good strategy, since (being a girl) it let me off the hook.  I have since thrown that system out the window.

So there's this guy.  He makes my coffee every morning at Starbucks before class.  Tall, dark, handsome.  It occurred to me a few weeks ago that I should just get up there and ask him out, while he handed over my cup of Joe.  It would be the first time I'd ever asked someone out.

Here's why Taylor Swift would be proud:

This morning, I was fearless.  With a capital F.  I'd already chickened out once last week, but by golly, this morning I summoned up enough guts for twenty seconds of insane courage and asked this boy out.  And he said yes.

I'm still pinching myself every few minutes.

4 comments:

  1. Aww that's so cute! Congratulations, and hope you have fun!

    <3Hima

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I hope you guys have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you!!! I hope y'all really connect. :D Taylor would be proud, heh!

    Also, proud of you for breaking the boy ask girl notion. So annoying!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! I appreciate it more than you know. xx