Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011


    Well, here we are at the end of another year.  Seems like just yesterday I was ringing it in!  Although I've only been sharing my thoughts on this little corner of the blogosphere for half of it, it has been a fun ride!  In July, I thought, "Writing a blog might be fun; maybe I should make one."  Even though I really had no idea what I would write about, I decided to do it anyway, and here we are.

     Even though this year has ended on a pretty awful note, for the most part, it was a good year overall.  In Janurary, I spent New Year's in Berkeley with Will, and we had breakfast at a cute little cafe, before driving home in the rain as he sang along to Rihanna; we spent four days in Tahoe as I taught Will to snowboard; and later that month I started my second semester of college.  In February, my 10 year old golden retriever, Sydney, died of lymphoma; Will and I celebrated our first Valentine's Day together - a very romantic event, from white roses left in my car door handles, to treasure hunts, and bubble baths. In March, Will turned 23, and we spent the evening in San Francisco; I turned 19, and Will surprised me with a two-hour flight tour along the coast; we were supposed to be in Tahoe snowboarding for my birthday weekend, but the weather had other plans, so we had a huge breakfast at a local diner, played The Sims Medieval, ate extremely delicious pizza, and came home to a chocolate cake my sister made for me. April was extremely uneventful. In May, we finished our spring semester; and Will's nephew Allen was born.  June was very lazy, and we spent most of our days poolside, when not working four or five days a week.  In July, a string of purls was born; Will and I visited the county fair on the 4th and watched a marvelous show of fireworks; Will went to 4-H camp as a 'chaperone', and I even got to visit one day; at the end of the month, I had my wisdom teeth pulled.  In August, we spent a week in Carmel on vacation - visiting the Monterey Bay Aquarium (behind-the-scenes tour and all), cutting my hair, and kicking up our feet in the ocean; we started our fall semester.  In September, I was fired from my new job; Will had his foot surgery, and spent 7 weeks on crutches - the first two were spent mostly in bed!  In October, we had midterms, and did nothing for Halloween.  November was a pretty eventful month: Will returned to wearing regular shoes after being in a walking cast for almost two months; we went to the midnight premiere of Breaking Dawn: Part 1; I spent four and a half days in New York City; Will spent Thanksgiving with both my dad and mom's families. In December, finals were finished, we had Christmas, and, well.... that.

     So here we are, on the last day of the month, in the last month of the year, saying goodbye to many things, and hello to a few others.

     So.  I have one final knitting post to make for the year of 2011.  I am in the midst of making a gray, Anthropologie inspired headband with the scraps left over from one of the Christmas presents I made.  Already I love it!


     Tonight will be probably the least fun and exciting New Years of my entire life.  Originally I was going to be spending it at home and alone, with only my dog for company, but my dad called earlier and invited me over for pizza, so at least I'll have some real company - ie, company that talks back to me, which, my dog does not...

     Anyway, I hope your New Year's Eve is much more fabulous than mine, and am looking forward to spending 2012 with you!

xx
currently listening to.... Pain - Three Days Grace

1 comment:

  1. That's a great scarf I wish I had the patience to knit like that!
    -Farrah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! I appreciate it more than you know. xx