Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Birds of a Feather

    Finally, my first knitting post! This is my current project - a bag I found on knitty.com by Stephanie Shiman, called Unbiased.  I have three panels completed - all that's left is one panel, the strap, and a bottom I'm adding in, to create more space inside the bag. I'm knitting this in the garter stitch, which makes it a pretty easy (and thus, mindless) thing to make. Also, I apologize for the quality of the picture. I know it looks fine, but the colors are slightly different than reality - it's much more purple and green-ish, but somehow the camera I used (my mom's; I was too lazy to break out my 5 lb. Nikon) skewed the colors. Hopefully pictures I post later on, closer to completion, will be accurate. Here is the picture supplied by Stephanie in her post about the design of this bag. Super cute, right? Unfortunately, the yarn I'm using (Marble Chunky Yarn in "Peacock Blue") isn't nearly as fun to look at as the yarn she used: recycled silk that was handspun in Nepal. It's first on my 'buy' list as soon as I have any money!
    Anyhow, it's still ridiculously hot, even inside my  extremely insulated house. I've only been outside twice today - that's how uncomfortable it is. Once to the library to pick up some books by Paul Ekman, the world's leading psychologist in studying emotions and facial expressions ("Lie to Me" anyone?? The show is based entirely off of his work, and he collaborates with the show's producers to make sure that every episode is accurate, scientifically) - just some light reading, since after all, I am a psych major! And the second time, to go to a 'consultation' about having my wisdom teeth out - I have exactly three weeks to anticipate that, and let me tell you, I am not even close to excited. I told the man who will be doing the surgery, essentially, that there was no chance in hell I was going to be awake for the whole thing, and I plan on being hopped up on pain meds for a few days after, because I am not looking forward to the pain that is renowned for coming with the removal of wisdom teeth. Luckily I've only got two, though: one upper, and one lower. Kind of a bummer that they're not both on one side, because at least then I could eat on one side of my mouth. But, on the upside, the pain will be dispersed more.
    So that was my day, and I'm going to take off now to work on this bag. Hopefully I'll have it done within the next few days!

xo Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post! I appreciate it more than you know. xx